Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an extremely easy and tasty way to grill a baked potato!
- 4 large baking potatoes, washed and sliced lengthwise (do not peel)
- 1 large white onion, peeled and sliced in 4 thick slices
- 1⁄4 lb salted butter, divided in 8 pieces
- seasoning salt
- black pepper
- garlic salt
- Lay potato halves on firm surface and pierce inside several times with a fork.
- Spread 1 piece of butter on each potato half.
- Sprinkle lightly with Garlic Salt, Seasoning salt, and Black Pepper on both potatoe halves.
- Put 1 slice of onion on potatoes and join halves.
- Wrap with aluminum foil.
- Grill over medium heat for 1 hour, turning 1/4 turn every 15 minutes.
- Remove from grill and let rest for at least 20 minutes.