Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Yummy baked potatoes filled with a tasty mix of cheese, ham, scallions, tomatoes etc. A perfect dish for a student or someone on a tight budget.
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 2⁄3 cup creme fraiche
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup ham, chopped
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, plus extra
- olive oil, to drizzle
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Wash the potatoes well, then dry. Wrap each potato in foil, place on a baking tray and roast for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and cut a small slice off the top of each potato.
- Scoop out the flesh and place in a bowl with the butter, half the creme fraiche, the parmesan, ham, shallots and half the chopped tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix together.
- Pile back into potatoes, drizzle with extra olive oil and return to the oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomato ketchup, remaining creme fraiche, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 cup olive oil in a bowl.
- Whisk together to form a sauce, then add the basil and season with salt and pepper. Serve the potatoes with the sauce.