Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
From Taste of Home Magazine. These are a little bit different from some of the other recipes in that these have garlic and ranch dressing mix in them.
- 5 medium baking potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- crumbled cooked bacon
- chopped green onion
- Bake potatoes at 400° for 1 hour or until tender.
- Reduce heat to 375°.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise; scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the pulp with butter.
- Stir in 1 cup of cheese, sour cream, salad dressing mix, chives and garlic.
- Spoon into potato shells.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with bacon and green onions.
Excellent twice baked potatoes. Made as written. Loved the addition of the ranch dressing mix. I cut this recipe down for the two of us and it worked great. thanks
These were delicious! The ranch dressing and garlic really made them different than regular twice-baked potatoes. Nice tang to them. I forgot the green onions, but had enough chives in them to make up for them. Thanks for posting this keeper!