Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my mom's recipe. I think that they're the best stuffed baked potatoes ever. The onion salt makes the recipe, so don't leave it out! And feel free to add more cheese, sour cream, and onion salt depending on the size of your potatoes...this is one of those recipes I make by tasting it as I go and adding more of what I need.
- 6 baking potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon onion salt
- 6 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- Bake potatoes: Prick with fork before baking. Bake in 375 degree oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or in microwave oven (I use the microwave, it's easier) for 8 minutes on each side.
- Carefully scoop out insides of potatoes into large mixing bowl. Potatoes are very hot, use hot pad to hold them. Add the rest of the ingredients, and 4 tablespoons of the melted butter. Beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- Spoon potatoes into shells. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
I baked 2 large potatoes in the oven and used about half of the remaining ingredients. I love to use the taste as I go method of cooking too. The only change was low-fat sour cream, and I added a sprinkle of fresh ground black pepper at the table. These are very tasty and I will make them again. Thanks for sharing your mom's recipe Rai. Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring '09.