Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
I am writing this recipe as written, though this is a slow cooker recipe, it can be easily done over the stovetop. For the stovetop I do not not have the heating time.
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3⁄4 lb cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 lb mild flavored cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt (to taste)
- 12 baked potatoes
- Brown grown beef, green peppers, and onions in butter, and teansfer this mixture into slow cooker, reserving the drippings.
- Stir flour into drippings, slowly add milk, and cook over stove until thickened.
- Add sweet red peppers, cheeses, and seasonings, and pour this into slow cooker.
- Cover and heat on low for 1 hour.
- Serve over baked potatoes, each one split open on an individual dinner plate.
Made this for lunch today; it lacked a little flavor for me but I like spicy. I did the stovetop version of it and the textures were great with the crunch of the peppers and onions. I didn't care for the gravy so nex time I will leave out that step but for the most part this was a good recipe, good flavor and good texture. Thank you for sharing.