7 hrs 30 mins
This isn't half bad, quite tasty, but you need a stuffing with lots of taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Tie the heart with string.
- 2Place it on a rack in an oven proof dish.
- 3Place in bottom of the dish the stock or diluted tomato soup.
- 4Place over the heart the bacon strips.
- 5Cover the dish closely and bake the heart in a moderate oven 325°F until tender, sometimes if beef, a matter of 3-5 hours, if veal about 2 hours.
- 6Remove heart to a plate and cool it slightly.
- 7Heat, then fill the cavity with 1 1/2 cups bread dressing or rice dressing.
- 8Sprinkle the heart with paprika.
- 9Return it briefly to hot oven 400°F or place it under a broiler to reheat.
- 10The drippings may be thickened with flour to make gravy.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Baked Heart
Serving Size: 1 (8 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.8
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 188.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: