Recipe by healthy cook girl
This is a modified recipe from "Cooking Light" magazine. The changes were made because of a lack of the called for ingredients but it came out great!
- 1⁄2 cup roasted sweet peppers, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fat free feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 -4 teaspoons fresh sage, finely sliced (depending how herby you like it)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts (free-range and organic are the best)
- 1 tablespoon broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons low-fat margarine
- 4 pieces heavy duty aluminum foil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat to 425°F.
- Combine the peppers, feta, sage, garlic, and pepper in a bowl and set aside. Slice into each chicken breast to form a "pocket." Fill each pocket with about 1/4 of the pepper and feta mixture. Take each piece of foil and place 1/2 Tbsp margarine in the center. Place each breast on the margarine inside the foil. Drizzle 1 Tbsp on each breast and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fold the foil into packets and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the meat in no longer pink. Serve with a good helping of steamed veggies and some fresh garlic bread. Yummy!