Recipe by Sage
Elegant on an appetizer plate. With soup or salad, dainty enough for a luncheon with the girls. An outstanding sandwich with a Special touch.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
Delicious. We took our baguette to the beach, where it was devoured. The spinach gives the cheese a lovely bright green colour and added nutrition and roughage for the kids - something I'm always grateful for. I really liked the addition of the pistachio nuts. They added a nice crunch, but I didn't chop them up too finely. This sandwich would be perfect for any picnic/tailgating or beach event, like ours.
- 1 French baguette
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 4 cups ham, minced
- 1⁄3 cup pistachio nut, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice baguette in half lengthwise.
- Hollow out leaving a shell ½” thick. Set aside.
- Cook spinach, drain and chop in processor; add cheese, basil, and milk; pulse till smooth. Spread on inside surface of bread. Combine ham, nuts, mustard and enough mayonnaise to moisten the mixture.
- Pack filling on the bottom half of bread mounding slightly.
- Put loaf back together.
- Envelop tightly in plastic and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Slice on the diagonal and serve.