Elegant on an appetizer plate. With soup or salad, dainty enough for a luncheon with the girls. An outstanding sandwich with a Special touch.
- Slice baguette in half lengthwise.
- Hollow out leaving a shell ½” thick. Set aside.
- Cook spinach, drain and chop in processor; add cheese, basil, and milk; pulse till smooth. Spread on inside surface of bread. Combine ham, nuts, mustard and enough mayonnaise to moisten the mixture.
- Pack filling on the bottom half of bread mounding slightly.
- Put loaf back together.
- Envelop tightly in plastic and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Slice on the diagonal and serve.