Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe features ingredients I keep on hand and it looks tasty. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
- 24 small red potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, shredded and divided
- 118.29 ml cooked bacon, crumbled and divided
- 158.51 ml sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 0.59 ml paprika
- Scrub potatoes; place in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender; drain.
- When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato.
- Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell (cut thin slices from potato bottoms to level if necessary).
- In large bowl, mash the potato tops and pulp with butter.
- Set aside 2 T each of cheese and bacon for garnish; add remaining cheese and bacon to potatoes.
- Stir in the sour cream, egg, salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into potato shells.
- Top with remaining cheese and bacon; sprinkle with paprika.
- Place in an ungreased 15-inch by 10-inch by 1 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-18 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160 degrees.
Loved these! Can't go wrong with a TOH recipe! Having everything on hand I wanted to make these as a side to go with Baked Parmesan Halibut for dinner tonight. My red potatoes were more a medium size then small, so I quartered the batch for just 2 of us. I used light sour cream and egg substitute, otherwise followed the recipe as written. Red skin potatoes seem to have a thinner skin, so be careful when scooping out or you'll go right through it ;) Thank you so much for posting this delicious keeper we'll definitely enjoy again!
These were sooo good! My little girl really liked this. I will be making this again! Thanks so much! Made for Pick a Chef Spring 2009.
This was a tasty recipe, but since I am trying to lose weight I made a few slight alterations. I used turkey sausage instead of the bacon and light sour cream to cut some of the calories. No one noticed and these stuffed red potatoes were all eaten up. I think next time I will cook the potatoes 15 min and not a min longer for greater ease when scooping them out.