Recipe by Lainey39
This recipe features ingredients I keep on hand and it looks tasty. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
Top Review by Breezytoo
Loved these! Can't go wrong with a TOH recipe! Having everything on hand I wanted to make these as a side to go with Recipe#117313 for dinner tonight. My red potatoes were more a medium size then small, so I quartered the batch for just 2 of us. I used light sour cream and egg substitute, otherwise followed the recipe as written. Red skin potatoes seem to have a thinner skin, so be careful when scooping out or you'll go right through it ;) Thank you so much for posting this delicious keeper we'll definitely enjoy again!
- 24 small red potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded and divided
- 1⁄2 cup cooked bacon, crumbled and divided
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub potatoes; place in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender; drain.
- When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato.
- Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell (cut thin slices from potato bottoms to level if necessary).
- In large bowl, mash the potato tops and pulp with butter.
- Set aside 2 T each of cheese and bacon for garnish; add remaining cheese and bacon to potatoes.
- Stir in the sour cream, egg, salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into potato shells.
- Top with remaining cheese and bacon; sprinkle with paprika.
- Place in an ungreased 15-inch by 10-inch by 1 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-18 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160 degrees.