Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I get requests for these on a regular basis. For a festive look, use different colored peppers. These can also be heated on foil on a grill.
- 3 ounces bacon bits
- 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup cream cheese or 3⁄4 cup goat cheese
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 24 baby sweet peppers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine bacon, shallot, cheese, Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Using a small paring knife, cut off stem end of pepper.
- Cut a small slit in the other end of pepper.
- Put mixture in plastic bag and snip corner in order to "pipe" into peppers.
- Fill peppers 3/4's of the way full.
- Spray sheetpan with cooking spray. Spray a piece of foil, if grilling.
- Place peppers on pan.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until peppers begin to soften and cheese melts.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.