From personal chef Phyllis Segura
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 small red bell peppers or 8 small yellow bell peppers or 8 small orange bell peppers
- 2 large potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 3 ounces provolone cheese, diced very small
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- olive oil
- sea salt
- 1Remove the tops from the peppers and reserve. With a small, sharp knife, remove the white membrane and seeds from inside the peppers, taking care not to tear the flesh.
- 2Mix together the mashed potatoes, provolone, Parmigiano, egg, chives, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 3Using a small teaspoon, fill the peppers three-quarters full with the mixture; the stuffing will puff up and if too full will ooze out the top. Put the tops back in place. Pack the peppers tightly into an ovenproof dish (use a nice one so you can serve in the same dish), drizzle with olive oil and bake for about 30 minutes, until tender.
- 4Serve hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Baby Bells
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.2
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 71.1 mg
- Sodium 302.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 14.2 g