Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From personal chef Phyllis Segura
- 8 small red bell peppers or 8 small yellow bell peppers or 8 small orange bell peppers
- 2 large potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 3 ounces provolone cheese, diced very small
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- olive oil
- sea salt
- Remove the tops from the peppers and reserve. With a small, sharp knife, remove the white membrane and seeds from inside the peppers, taking care not to tear the flesh.
- Mix together the mashed potatoes, provolone, Parmigiano, egg, chives, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Using a small teaspoon, fill the peppers three-quarters full with the mixture; the stuffing will puff up and if too full will ooze out the top. Put the tops back in place. Pack the peppers tightly into an ovenproof dish (use a nice one so you can serve in the same dish), drizzle with olive oil and bake for about 30 minutes, until tender.
- Serve hot or cold.