Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is called Palta rellena con mixtura de mariscos. This recipe is posted for ZWT4. It is from panix.com. We reduced the amount of mayo and can't imagine it with the full amount.
- 1⁄2 lb seafood, cooked (I used baby shrimp)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 avocados
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup tiny peas
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced and cooked
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 3 drops Worcestershire sauce
- chives, for garnish
- In a bowl combine seafood, mayonnaise, catsup, lemon juice, worcestershire, peas, salt, and pepper.
- Peel avocados, divide lengthwise and sprinkle with a dash of lemon juice.
- Fill stuffing in the avocado cavity.
- Garnish with chopped chives and red pepper.
Made for The Quest 2014 and what a lucky find it was! I had a dinner party last night for 9 and just happened to have an abundance of avocado, baby shrimp and smoked salmon on-hand. So I used a combo of the baby shrimp and smoked salmon, added capers for their lovely burst of flavor, was generous with my lemon pepper & even had fresh chives from the garden of a friend. Sounded like fate to me when I found your recipe. We loved our lunch today, LL. Thx for sharing your recipe with us. :-)
I haven't made this in ages! What a nice treat!<br/>Thanks for posting. Made for Culinary Quest 2014
Boy have not had shrimp stuffed avocado in years and it is just as good as I remember it being. I cut the recipe down to serve two and left out the peas as I know what I used to enjoy never had peas. The Worcestershire is a must I know it is only a drop but it really does add to the recipe. I was out of fresh chive so used freeze-dried chives. Thanks for the post.