Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe many, many years ago, and have altered it to our family's tastes. This is just so refreshing and looks elegant on a plate.
- 2⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 small ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 large avocados, halved and pitted
- Mix all ingredients, except avocados, in bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into each avocado half and serve.
The second time I made this I cheated and bought precut mixture of tomato, onion and jalapeno. Turned out great in half the time. I love bruschetta so this is my new go to item. Also used basil instead of oregano as I love basil.
So good! We eat lots of avocados here in So. Cal. I see this recipe being used often. I did use cilantro but besides that followed the recipe as written. Can't wait to try it with balsamic vinegar next time.
Made these as my contribution to a bar-b-q and they were a big hit. So simple, tasty and looked elegant. I was so pleased. Made exactly as directed except forgot to add the feta cheese. Bought it and all, just plain forgot. It was still awesome and I'll be making it again. May try balsamic vinager next time as I love the taste. Thanks for posting a wonderful recipe.