Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Found in a French recipes cookbook. Haven't tried but sounded good.
- 2 aubergines
- oil (for frying)
- 10 ounces sausage meat
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- slice aubergines lengthwise in half. Make a few incisions in flesh, sprinkle with salt, let stand 30 minutes.
- Fry in hot oil a few minutes. Drain.
- Using scoop, scoop out pulp carefully without damaging skin.
- Mix pulp with sausage meat, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Stuff skins with mixture and lay in an oiled oven-proof dish.
- Mix bread crumbs and parsley and sprinkle over aubergine halves, dot each with a piece of butter.
- Cook at 350 for about 30 minutes.