Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Realfood April 2001
- 2 aubergines
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 courgette, finely diced
- 1 bunch spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved, deseeded and chopped
- 100 g couscous
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Halve aubergines and scoop out all but 1 cm of the flesh.
- Turn shells upside down on an oiled baking tray, bake for 25 minutes.
- Finely chop scooped-out aubergine flesh.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add aubergine flesh, pepper, courgette, spring onions and cumi. Season and fry for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes and remove from heat.
- Place couscous in a bowl and pour over 100 ml of boiling water. Stir couscous into aubergine mixture and pile mixture into aubergine halves. Return to the oven for 5 minutes to warm through.