- 3 medium eggplants
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice eggplants in half lengthwise, use a spoon to scoop out the insides, down to 1/4" of the skin.
- Chop the eggplant innards and cook in a skillet in margarine or butter with onions, garlic and mushrooms over medium heat, until the onions are clear and the eggplant is soft.
- Combine all other ingredients and stuff the eggplant shells.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.