These cabbage rolls are meat-free, easy-to-make, and delicious! The recipe came from a cookbook called "Stand By Your Pan: Country Music Cookbook" by Diane Pfeifer. Her funny alternative country-music-inspired title for the recipe is "Wabash Cabbage Balls" :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the core out of the cabbage. Chop the mushrooms and walnuts.
- 2Microwave cabbage (uncovered) for 5 minutes, Set aside.
- 3Cook the rice in 2 cups of the vegetable broth according to package directions. Saute the chopped mushrooms, onion, and walnuts in the margarine for about 5 minutes. Stir mixture into the cooked rice.
- 4Dissolve the cornstarch in the water. Heat the remaining 2 cups vegetable broth in a small pan. Add sesame oil and cornstarch/water mixture; heat and stir until slightly thickened. Season with white pepper to taste.
- 5Spread a thin layer of sauce in 13x9 casserole dish.
- 6Peel outer leaves off of the cabbage. Fill each with 2-3 tablespoons of the rice mixture. Fold sides over and roll up leaf. Place seam side down in the prepared casserole dish.
- 7Pour the remaining sauce over the cabbage rolls. Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Asian Cabbage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.1
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 91.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: