Recipe by DeSouter
My friend, Pattie gave me this wonderful recipe. She got it from her Sicilian mother-in-law.
Top Review by dholden_02
TY for this recipe. My Mother passed away 3 years ago and she used to make this all the time and it is DELICIOUS!!!! .. Now I can make it too. TY agfain and everyone should try this one
- 4 medium globe artichokes
- 2 -3 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (only good quality)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 -2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse artichokes well, pushing leaves out to open slightly for stuffing.
- Trim off stems so artichokes sit on a flat surface.
- Trim off the tips of each leaf with kitchen shears.
- In a large pan, heat oil and saute garlic, then combine bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, and pepper into garlic/oil.
- Mix until the crumb mixture is moistened enough to stick together loosely.
- You may choose to add a bit of additional oil, though steaming the artichokes will moisten the crumb mixture.
- Push out each area of leaves and stuff each leaf of the artichoke, starting from the bottom and working your way around, with crumb mixture.
- Stuff the entire leaf area of the artichokes.
- Pattie steams this in an electric skillet, but you may place the artichokes in a large baking pan filled with about 1/2" inch of water.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Cook on 375 degrees for approximately 60 (couldl be 15-20 minutes more depending on size of artichokes) or until leave comes out easily.
- Cool a bit before serving.