Recipe by The Foodgitive
How to Eat: *Rip off each leaf, with stuffing attached, and scrape off with your teeth to enjoy
- 8 artichokes
- 15 slices whole wheat bread
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 10 ounces button mushrooms
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil (approx.)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon (juice of)
Directions See How It's Made
- For Stuffing:.
- *Finely grate a whole loaf of sliced bread and add to a large mixing bowl.
- *Add salt and pepper to taste.
- *Add Parmesan cheese and mix well.
- *Mince mushrooms and sauté them in a tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- *Add the mushrooms to the rest of the ingredients and mix together.
- *Add juice of 1 lemon to mixture.
- *Add 1/4 cup olive oil to mixture.
- *Cut off a little of the top of the artichoke.
- *Rinse out the artichoke.
- *Put enough water in a pan to cook, cover the artichokes about 1/2 the way.
- *Crush 2 cloves of garlic and add to pot.
- *Open up each artichoke leaf and stuff with the stuffing. Sprinkle with a little bit of oil.
- *Put enough water in a pan to cook but not cover the artichokes.
- *Bring to a boil, then immediately turn to simmer. Simmer slightly covered for 30-45 minutes.
- *When the leaves come out easily, they're done.