1 hr 10 mins
"This gorgeous dish was created by Harpo Studios' own Executive Chef Seth Roth and Chef de Cuisine Bryan Devlin. Seth and Bryan are Harpo's in-house chefs, providing Oprah and her employees with a delicious variety of dishes, like these stuffed artichokes, each day." Oprah.com/food/recipes. We loved them! We also added a little red pepper flakes, we felt it needed the kick! ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean the artichokes.
- 2Trim the bottom leaves and cut off the leaf tips as you go further up the artichoke.
- 3Slice off the top inch of the artichoke and clean the center, scraping away any of the prickly & purple, inedible part called the choke.
- 4Place the artichokes in a non-metal (preferably glass) bowl, and cover with water and the juice of a lemon to prevent browning.
- 5Simmer for 20 minutes on the stove or in the microwave.
- 6The artichokes are done when a knife slides easily into the bottom. Let cool.
- 7Slice off the bottom stem of the artichokes and stand them upright in a Pyrex dish.
- 8In a bowl, mix together the chopped red pepper, eggs, prosciutto, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, capers and oregano.
- 9Stuff the mixture in the center and around the leaves of each artichoke.
- 10Fill the dish with white wine about 1/4 of the way up the artichokes and cover with foil. (You may substitute stock or water.).
- 11Bake in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes.
- 12Remove the foil, and increase the heat to 500°F, baking the artichokes until the tops are browned.
- 13Serve with a parsley and Parmesan garnish.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Artichokes
Serving Size: 1 (636 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.1
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 111.2 mg
- Sodium 965.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 22.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: