Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ardy Shouki (Artichoke Casserole)
- 10 whole artichokes, Fresh
- 1⁄2 lb lean veal, Ground
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- to taste lemon juice
- to taste salt and pepper
- to taste cinnamon
- to taste vegetable oil
- Take out all the thick leaves around the artichoke. Cut the top horizontally. Cut the base, too. With a tablespoon remove the hairy center, making a well in the center.
- Do the same thing with the rest, putting them in a pan filled with water and 1/4 cup lemon juice when you finish each one, in order to preserve its color.
- With one tablespoon butter, stir the meat, onions and pine nuts till brown.
- Add the seasoning.
- Fry the drained artichoke with 5 tablespoons vegetable oil till slightly brown. Drain.
- Arrange in pan, pour in it a cup of water and 1/4 cup lemon juice. Stuff the artichokes with the meat mixture. Adjust the seasoning.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes till they are tender.
- Serve with Aroz Mofalfal and green mixed salad.