Recipe by ErOnur
Widely known in Meditterranean Region of Turkey and Cyprus. Goes well with Turkish Cacik.
- 6 large firm fresh artichokes
- 1⁄2 kg ground beef
- 1 medium white onion, diced small
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, grated
- 1⁄2 cup rice, washed
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley, washed and cut small
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 4 tablespoons frying oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve 1 tsp salt in water in a deep large bowl and add lemon juice.
- Peel outer leaves generously and cut off tips of artichokes.
- Carve out the centre of artichokes with the help of a spoon.
- Place them in water, making sure water covers completely.
- Saute onions until soft in hot oil.
- Stir in parsley and rice, and add ground beef to onions.
- Cook for 5 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, cook until liquid evaporates nearly completely, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- Remove meat mixture from frying pan into a bowl.
- Remove artichokes from bowl and drain for 1 minute.
- Stuff artichokes with meat mixture and place them in a pressure cooker in one layer.
- Add 2 cups of warm water and cook for about 10 minutes.