Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Widely known in Meditterranean Region of Turkey and Cyprus. Goes well with Turkish Cacik.
Make and share this Stuffed Artichokes recipe from Food.com.
- Dissolve 1 tsp salt in water in a deep large bowl and add lemon juice.
- Peel outer leaves generously and cut off tips of artichokes.
- Carve out the centre of artichokes with the help of a spoon.
- Place them in water, making sure water covers completely.
- Saute onions until soft in hot oil.
- Stir in parsley and rice, and add ground beef to onions.
- Cook for 5 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, cook until liquid evaporates nearly completely, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- Remove meat mixture from frying pan into a bowl.
- Remove artichokes from bowl and drain for 1 minute.
- Stuff artichokes with meat mixture and place them in a pressure cooker in one layer.
- Add 2 cups of warm water and cook for about 10 minutes.