Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a recipe that is simple yet extremely tasty. This dish has a very distinctive taste that only artichokes can provide.
- 6 medium artichokes
- 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups of grated parmesan cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups pecorino cheese
- 3 eggs
- pasta sauce
- Remove hard outer leaves from artichokes and blanch the artichokes in boiling water for 4 minutes.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, crushed garlic and chopped parsley.
- Add eggs and lightly mix.
- Open out each artichoke leaf and stuff it with a bit of the filling.
- Make your favourite pasta sauce and add the artichokes and cook for 30 minutes.
- Cook your favourite pasta in the usual manner and drain it.
- In a large bowl, place the cooked pasta, pour the sauce over the pasta and place the artichokes on top of the pasta and sauce.
- Top with grated parmesan or pecorino cheese.
- Optional. 300 grams of chicken or beef mince can be added to the stuffing mixture for a more substantial meal.You may need extra egg.
- The length of time that you blanch the artichokes will depend on the tenderness of the artichokes. Try and use fresh as possible artichokes.