2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 5 mins
You'll need some crusty bread to soak up the lemony,garlicy sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim artichoke (Starting at the bottom, grasp leaves, bending backwards and snap off) up about 1 inch up from base.
- 2Snip sharp points off remaining leaves.
- 3Use Serrated knife to take off top- giving artichoke a"flat top".
- 4Trim stem off at the bottom.
- 5After trimming, place artichokes in acidulated water.
- 6Steam artichokes with lemon juice and water (I use about 4 lemons juiced) for 20 minutes.
- 7While chokes are steaming, mix bread crumbs, cheese, basil, garlic and 1/2 cup of the olive oil.
- 8Remove'chokes from steamer, turning upside down to drain Using a towel grab choke and with"flat top" side down press down smartly on the counter to"open up" choke.
- 9Then take bread crumb mixture and stuff between the leaves.
- 10Place chokes in heavy pot,stem side down, adding about 1/2 cup of bread crumb mixture to the bottom of the pot Add 2 inches of water Pour olive oil over each choke.
- 11Cover and steam over low or bake at 325 oven for 45 minutes, until leaves come out easily.
- 12After removing chokes to serve, reduce remaining liquid slightly- the bread crumbs will make it thicken.
- 13Drizzle sauce over chokes.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Artichokes
Serving Size: 1 (1642 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 861.0
- Calories from Fat 578
- Total Fat 64.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.0 mg
- Sodium 899.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 21.1 g