Recipe by Rozanne in Texas
This is a combination of recipes. I was trying to emulate a restaurant in Kansas City. I didn't quite get it but it's good.
- 2 large artichokes, top inch cut off and center cleaned out
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 3 tablespoons romano cheese or 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak artichokes in cold water to rid them of dirt.
- Mix together breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley, and cheese.
- Rub the artichokes with lemon juice.
- Spoon the breadcrumb mixture into the artichokes.
- Drizzle artichokes with olive oil.
- Place into a Dutch oven or large cooking pan.
- Add water, lemon juice and bay leaf to pan and cook, covered, for at least an hour over low heat until leaves come off easily.