Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
An elegant appetizer that is so easy! This is a "fork and knife" type appetizer that makes a great first course for a sit-down dinner. This can be prepared in advance and refrigerated until ready to bake.
- 1 (14 ounce) canwhole artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- If necessary, slice off the bottom of each artichoke heart so that it sits upright.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic, chives, salt and pepper.
- Stuff hearts with cream cheese mixture, mounding slightly on top.
- Roll stuffed hearts in melted butter and then in Parmesan cheese.
- Place in a shallow ovenproof dish and bake for 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
yum yum yum!
These are excellent. I had a hard time "stuffing" the filling into the heart; I had to pull them apart a bit, but oh my were these great! If anyone has tips on stuffing technique please let me know.
These were so easy to make but looked and tasted elegant! They weren't even out of the oven when my husband and kids started drifting to the kitchen to find out what smelled so good. And once we started eating, everyone polished off their stuffed artichoke hearts first. A real winner!