Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make this for as many as you want! This is an attractive side salad. Make up a large platter of these for a buffet. The date and apricot flavor compliment each other and it is reasonably low calorie.
- 2 -3 fresh apricots, halved and stone removed
- 1 cup shredded lettuce (or use a lettuce cup)
- 4 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon 2% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons dates, chopped fine
- Place the apricot halves on the lettuce on a salad plate.
- Mash the cheese and milk.
- Spoon into the centers of the apricots.
- Sprinkle with the dates and serve.
Very very nice. (A definite 4 and 3/8ths) The flavors and textures work together well. The sweet of the dates, the tartness of the apricots, the creaminess of the filling and the crunch of the lettuce makes these a delightful side dish. I shall be making these again.
This recipe has eye appeal and great flavor. I was looking for a meal that used fresh apricots from our tree, and dates from Cosco, and served this delicious salad with Morocan Spiced Chicken with Almonds (recipe 49146), Rice with Dates and Walnut (recipe 104629), and a mediteranean zucchini/tomato dish. The salad was a great complement to the other foods. Thanks Bergy for a healthy, fast and delicious recipe.