Stuffed Apples With Maple Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Core apples three-fourths of the way through. (Do not cut through bottom.)
- Peel top half of each apple. Fill apples with cherry mixture.
- Place apples in a 12-inch cast-iron or heavy ovenproof skillet. Add the juice to skillet.
- Combine maple syrup and butter; pour over apples. Cover; bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
- Uncover; baste apples with juices from pan. Bake, uncovered, an additional 25 minutes or until tender. Serve with sauce.
- Note: Apples can also be baked in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.