1 hr 5 mins
Feast Your Eyes!'s Note:
Take the chill off of winter evenings with this warm, creamy-sweet combination of ricotta cheese, cranberries and brandied apples. It makes the the perfect sweet ending to your next meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or 2 tablespoons other orange-flavored liqueur
- finely grated lemon zest from 1 small lemon
- 6 large apples (Good Choices ( Golden Delicious, Rome, Cortland)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon apple brandy
- 1Ricotta Cream:.
- 2In a small bowl add the ricotta cheese, cinnamon, powdered sugar, heavy cream, and liqueur; mix well until well blended and smooth. Refrigerate.
- 3Baked Apples:.
- 4Place rack in the center position of oven.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 6Wash apples well; core. Peel off the skin around the top, leaving two-thirds of the apple unpeeled.
- 7Hollow out about a 1 1/2-inch wide by 2 1/2-inch deep cavity in the center of each apple (a grapefruit spoon works well for this). Score the apples with the tip of a knife to prevent them from bursting while baking.
- 8Place the apples in a 9-inch oven-proof glass pie dish.
- 9Mix together the dried cranberries, toasted walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and butter in a small bowl. Blend well.
- 10Evenly fill the apples with the cranberry/walnut filling.
- 11Pour the 3/4 cup of apple brandy around the apples. If necessary, add water so that the liquid comes about 1-inch up the sides of the apples.
- 12Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of apple brandy evenly over the filling in the apples.
- 13Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the apples are tender.
- 14Serve warm, topped with a generous dollop of the sweet ricotta cream and a sprinkling of lemon zest.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Apples Baked in Brandy, Topped With Sweet Ricotta Cream
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.1
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 32.8 mg
- Sodium 69.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 55.8 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: