Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are wonderful to serve for a luncheon, great served with wild rice on the side. The amounts in this recipe are for 4 servings, the ingredients can easily be doubled to serve more.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 cups breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing, divided
- 1 lb fish fillet (such as halibut, cod, stc)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 4 muffin tins Or custard cups.
- In a med frypan, saute onion in butter until tender, but not brown.
- Mix in bread crumbs and seasonings; blend in 1/2 cup mayo.
- Cut fish fillets in four uniform strips, about 1-1/2x8 inches.
- Spread each fillet with bread stuffing; roll up jelly roll fashion.
- Place in greased custard cups or muffin tins.
- If using custard cups, place into a shallow pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven; divide, and brush the remaining 1/2 cup mayo evenly over tops.
- Return to oven; bake for 20 minutes more.