2 hrs 15 mins
Posted by request. Prep time is an estimate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 rack of veal or 1 other veal roast (6-bone)
- 1 cup cooked spinach, chopped
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 lb italian genoa salami, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1Preheat your oven to 425F.
- 2In a bowl combine the spinach with the egg yolks, ricotta, bread crumbs, salami, garlic and 1 tsp each salt and black pepper.
- 3Mix well until as smooth as possible.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Make a pocket in the rack for the stuffing.
- 6To do this use a very sharp knife to make an incision in the center of the eye of the rack.
- 7Push the knife tip in and insert the knife the entire length of the rack but do not let it come out the other side.
- 8Remove the knife and insert the handle of a wooden spoon.
- 9Work the spoon handle back and forth to create a pocket that runs from one end of the rack to the other.
- 10Place the stuffing into a pastry bag fitted with a plain tip.
- 11Insert the pastry bag in the pocket of veal and gently squeeze the bag.
- 12This would probably work just as well using a ziploc bag with one of the tips snipped off.
- 13Use the wooden spoon you used to make your pocket to push the stuffing down as far as it will go.
- 14Work the stuffing down into the meat until it reaches the unopened end of the rack.
- 15Continue to alternate between the bag and the plunging wooden spoon and fill the veal completely.
- 16When the rack is ready to cook rub it with the olive oil and season with 1 Tbs each salt and black pepper.
- 17Place the rack into a roasting pan and cook for 30 minutes.
- 18Reduce heat to 350F and cook and additional 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- 19A meat thermometer should read 150 degrees F.
- 20before you remove it from the oven.
- 21Let rest for 20 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed and Roasted Rack of Veal
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.2
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 134.6 mg
- Sodium 1891.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rack of veal