Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
Abura Age is a deep fried tofu. You can find it prepackaged in Asian markets. If you do not have one available you can find the Abura-Age recipe here: Abura - Age (Deep Fried Tofu)
- 500 g tofu (abura age)
- 4 spring onions, trimmed, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon shoyu
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- To open the abura-age use a round bladed knife and insert gently to open.
- Put in sieve and pour hot water in kettle over it to wash off excess oil.
- Put one slice on chopping board and roll over several times with a rolling pin then cut carefully to make two bags. Repeat with remaining pieces.
- Mix the filling in a bowl. Check and add more shoyu if needed.
- Fill the bags with the filling. Grill or broil under a preheated grill or broiler for 3-4 minutes on high ON EACH SIDE. It should be crisp and lightly browned.
- Cut each bag into four triangles. Arrange on 4 small plates.
- Serve hot.