Stuffed and Grilled Abura-Age [tofu]
- To open the abura-age use a round bladed knife and insert gently to open.
- Put in sieve and pour hot water in kettle over it to wash off excess oil.
- Put one slice on chopping board and roll over several times with a rolling pin then cut carefully to make two bags. Repeat with remaining pieces.
- Mix the filling in a bowl. Check and add more shoyu if needed.
- Fill the bags with the filling. Grill or broil under a preheated grill or broiler for 3-4 minutes on high ON EACH SIDE. It should be crisp and lightly browned.
- Cut each bag into four triangles. Arrange on 4 small plates.
- Serve hot.