1/2 Photos of Stuffed and Baked French Toast
Boyz 5's Note:
This recipe has become our traditional Christmas morning breakfast.... Assemble this delicious French-toast casserole the night before, and while everyone is opening presents on Christmas morning, pop it into the oven for a special, fuss-free breakfast that's ready in no time at all!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 3/4 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 2 cups milk
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf challah (I use French bread) or 1 loaf egg bread, cut into 3/4 -thick slices (I use French bread)
- confectioners' sugar (icing sugar)
- 1Combine cheese, pecans, brown sugar, syrup and 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon;reserve.
- 2Whisk together milk, eggs, 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla.
- 3Reserve 2 bread slices. Spread one side of each remaining bread slice with cheese mixture; layer at an angle in 13" by 9" well-greased baking dish, cheese-side up, ending with reserved plain bread slices.
- 4Pour milk mixture evenly over slices.
- 5Cover dish with plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
- 6Preheat oven to 350°F Remove plastic wrap.
- 7Combine remaining granulated sugar with cinnamon; sprinkle over slices.
- 8Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and egg mixture is set.
- 9Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar just before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed and Baked French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.1
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 200.8 mg
- Sodium 439.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 13.8 g