Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Nice combination of cheese and chicken. Easy to make and looks like a gourmet meal.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces ground mild Italian pork sausage
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope alfredo sauce mix
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin; Set aside.
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- Prepare Alfredo sauce according to package directions; set aside.
- Combine shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Stir together sausage, spinach, ricotta cheese, and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese mixture.
- Spoon mixture evenly down center of each chicken breast, and roll up, jellyroll fashion.
- Arrange chicken rolls, seam side down, in a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish. (Secure with toothpick if needed).
- Pour Alfredo sauce over chicken, and sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until chicken is done. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Cut chicken rolls into slices.
- Serve with sauce; sprinkle evenly with diced tomatoes just before serving.
My husband and kids absolutely loved this! I'm definatly doing this again. So good!