1/1 Photo of Stuffed Acorn Squash With Beef and Onion
1 hr 15 mins
weekend cooker's Note:
Found this recipe in a very old cookbook. Somewhat tweaked this recipe, and have tried it. Worth trying.
My Private Note
acorn s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Invert squash in a greased 15x10x1 baking pan.
- 2Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1/4 inch.
- 3Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- 4Cool, and when cool enough, to handle scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4 inch shell. ( There should be about 3 cups).
- 5Place shells cut side up in a greased 15x10x1 baking pan, and set aside.
- 6In a large bowl, combine the pulp, egg, salt, and pepper.
- 7Dissolve bouillon in the 2 tablespoons water, and add to squash mixture.
- 8In a small saucepan, saute onion and beef in butter until tender, then stir in the stuffing mix.
- 9Set aside 1/4 cup of this for topping, and add remaining stuffing mixture to the squash mixture.
- 10Bake at uncovered at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Acorn Squash With Beef and Onion
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.7
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 44.3 mg
- Sodium 254.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned stuffing mix