Recipe by bananabrain mira
I learned this recipe from an old cooking club member. It's sooo easy and very delicious. Try this for Thanksgiving for a different variation on squash!
- 4 small acorn squash
- 2 cored and diced apples
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut the acorn squash in halves and take out seeds.
- Place halves in a roasting pan.
- Place 1 tbsp of margarine and brown sugar in each half.
- Divide the apples among squash halves.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to bottm of pan and cover with foil.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until squash is tender.