1/2 Photos of Stuffed Acorn Squash
Nancy Van Ess's Note:
Great vegetarian version of stuffed acorn squash, full of stuff most people would have in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli floret, chopped
- 1/4 cup mushroom, chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup muenster cheese, grated
- 1Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2Cut squash in half and remove the seeds.
- 3Rub the cut flesh with salt and place flesh side down in a baking dish and bake for about 35 minutes.
- 4While the squash is baking, sauté onion in butter until clear and add chopped broccoli florets, mushrooms and celery.
- 5Sauté about 4 minutes.
- 6Stir in walnuts and fresh basil, then sprinkle with brown sugar and soy sauce, adjust seasoning to taste. Toss to mix well.
- 7Check baking squash with a fork to see if it glides through the flesh.
- 8Stuff with vegetable mixture, top with equal amounts of grated cheese and return to oven for about 5 minutes.
- 9NOTES : Baked acorn squash halves stuffed with sautéed broccoli, cheese and walnuts.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Acorn Squash
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.7
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 44.0 mg
- Sodium 292.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 7.4 g