Recipe by McNealman345
Came up with this last night. I had it for a meal, but would make an excellent side dish. You can swap out or vary the veggies to your taste. Leave out the bacon for vegetarian.
- 2 small acorn squash
- 1 -2 cup cooked rice (left overs)
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1⁄2 avocado, diced
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili paste
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Split the squash and scoop out the seeds. Microwave cut side down for 10 minutes in a shallow pan w/ an inch of water until soft.
- Mix together all of the other ingredients.
- Discard squash water and spray pan with cooking spray. Put the squash cut side up. Stuff the rice mixture into the squash, mound as high as you can. If you have left over rice, just throw it on top or around the squash.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for a half and hour. Let cool slightly and serve.