Cook1 hr 10 mins
This is a great fall dish for two. It will warm you right up on a crisp fall evening. I serve with Brown Sugar Asparagus which you can find posted under my other recipes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 10x6 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Remove and discard the seed. Place cut side down in prepared baking dish. Bake for 50 minutes.
- Combine turkey, celery, and onion in a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until turkey is browned and crumbly, about 8 minutes; drain well.
- Add salt, cinnamon, and curry powder to turkey mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Stir in the applesauce and the bread cubes.
- Turn over squash in baking dish. Spoon equal portions of the turkey mixture into each squash half. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve immediately.