Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Not too heavy on the fat or calories and OOOOh so good. Once you have spread the top with the mayo mixture don't let it sit around or it will get soggy
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 6 ounces bacon, cooked,fat drained and crumbled
- 1 10 inch white round sourdough bread or 1 round whole wheat bread
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves or 1 cup watercress, washed,dried
- 8 ounces thinly sliced turkey breast, cooked
- 4 slices low-fat cheese (Swiss is good)
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- Slice the loaf in half across and pick out bread chunks until you have about 1/2" shell all round, top and bottom (save the bread crumbs for other recipes) Combine the honey mustard, mayo and lemon zest.
- Line the bottom with half the spinach (watercress).
- Arrange the crumbled bacon, turkey,cheese sprouts, tomatoe and cucumber, top with remaining spinach Spread the Mustard, mayo mixture inside the top half.
- Place top on the loaf, press down and cut into 6 wedges& Serve.