Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I call it this because me and my roomates used to make it in college during finals week mostly because it didn't take to much time to make and it reminded us of home cooked comfort food. I got this from the Blue Bell Creamery cookbook, "The Best Recipes in the Country". It is creamy and yummy, great for kids too, along side a vegetable.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (8 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (8 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (12 ounce) bag tater tots, enough to cover top of pan
- 10 slices American cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown meat in pan.
- Mix in a large bowl the meat, cream of chicken amd cream of mushroom soups.
- Pour mixture into 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Cover with tater tots, placing them neatly in rows.
- Put in oven for about 30 minutes, or until tater tots are golden brown.
- Take out of oven and put slices of cheese on top.
- Put back in oven till cheese is melted.
Good, quick meal for those lazy days. It was a bit too salty for me so I use reduced sodium soups for 2 of the cans. I also tend to forget to put the cheese on.