There are a lot of fancy, complicated, and utterly delicious looking recipes for buffalo chicken mac and cheese. I'm from Buffalo- I've always wanted to try them. On my current schedule with my current budget, it's not happening. This is an easy recipe to throw together, using ingredients I have around most of the time. It's cheap, and a huge improvement over simple box mac and cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (7 1/4 ounce) boxes macaroni and cheese mix
- 2 (12 1/2 ounce) cans chicken, drained
- 1/2 cup Frank's red hot sauce (or other hot sauce, I guess. Franks though! Best! I use more than this, I really enjoy it)
- 1 cup cheese, shredded (I prefer cheddar)
- 1/3 cup bleu cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (optional)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Prepare mac and cheese according to box instructions (I didn't include the ingredients the box might call for, since they're all different).
- 3While mac and cheese is cooking, mix chicken with hot sauce and blue cheese. I broke up the bigger chunks of chicken to make it more consistent, but that's up to you.
- 4In a 9x12 dish, pour about half the mac and cheese.
- 5Add the chicken/hot sauce/blue cheese in another layer, and cover with the rest of the mac and cheese.
- 6Add about half of the shredded cheese and mix a bit, so the layers aren't precise but still somewhat there.
- 7Sprinkle the rest of the shredded cheese on top.
- 8Bake for about 20 minutes.
- 9Optionally, sprinkle the remaining ingredients (y'know, the optional ones) on top. (Now, I'm no expert. I've made this once and I did this part half way through cooking, but I suppose I could've done it at the beginning).
- 10Bake for another 20 minutes or so. I chose arbitrarily, when it seemed completely heated through.
- 11Serve! I served it with salad, because it's definitely pretty heavy with all that cheese and pasta. Enjoy.
Browse Our Top Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Student Style Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.4
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 93.9 mg
- Sodium 1220.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 31.0 g