Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This stew is easy and inexpensive, not to mention delicious. It's even better the second day!
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 lb round steak, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 medium white onions, sliced
- 4 large carrots, thinly sliced into rings
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper
- In large, deep pot, fry bacon and leave in pot to cool.
- Add steak, garlic salt, salt and pepper.
- Layer onions, then carrots, then potatoes, adding salt and pepper to each layer.
- Add water up to top of potatoes.
- Turn burner on medium high.
- When meat begins to sizzle, cover pot, and turn heat to low.
- When potatoes are tender, stew is done.
Love this recipe, but I sub the water with V8 juice or Tomatoe Juice, it gives it a(zing)Try it out and see.