Recipe by Rita~
Buffalo is a very very lean meat and will be tough of not cooked properly. These tender beauties have veggies, chorizo for spiciness and a little fat, veggies for moisture and flavor. Give it a try. Bison meat is lower in fat, calories and cholesterol than beef, chicken or pork. Do check out http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=300564 Information on making burgers.
- 1 lb ground buffalo meat
- 4 ounces chorizo sausage
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced scallion
- 1 tablespoon minced bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup corn kernel, defrosted if frozen
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, Seeded if desired and minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince chorizo and pre cook for minutes. Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook chorizo in oil with onions, and pepper. Saute mixture till veggies are lightly softened and chorizo released some of the fat. Mix in bread crumbs . Set aside to cool. I place it in the freezer for quickness or can be made early in the day or the day before. :).
- In a bowl add egg, ketchup, corn, chipotle pepper and cooled chorizo mixture. Add the ground beef and mix to blend ingredients.Make 4 patties placing a hole in the center of each. For even cooking and so the burgers stay even throughout. You won`t get the fat center with this method.
- Shape patties to desired thickness.
- Chill burgers for 1 hour to firm up.
- Grill or broil 4-6 inches from heat source or.
- place in lightly oiled skillet.
- Cook 3-5 minutes per side.
- Serve rare to medium-rare.
- Cooking times vary based on cooking temperature and thickness of meat.
- Optional Cheese choices a nice cheddar or monterey jack cheese.