Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. A very good version of this steak--tastes just like the real deal.
whiskey pepper sauce ingredients
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped white onions
- 2 cups beef stock or 2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons whiskey
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
pepper steak ingredients
- 16 ounces sirloin steaks, cut into 2 portions
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Fire up the grill.
- In a sauce pan make the whiskey pepper sauce.
- Starting with the butter sauteing the onions.
- Add 1 cup of beef stock add pepper and garlic simmer till reduced in half.
- Spread pepper over entire surface of steak.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium high heat sear each side of the steak for 1/12 to 2 minutes or until brown.
- Then take steaks to a hot grill and grill each side of steak 3 to 5 minutes or till your liking.Salt the steaks lightly as they grill.
- When the steaks are just about done, combine the cornstarch with the tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Stir just until the cornstarch dissolves.
- Remove the whiskey sauce from the heat and add the cornstarch to it. Put the sauce back on the heat and continue to cook on low until the sauce is thickened to the consistency you desire.
- Serve the steaks doused with whiskey pepper sauce.
This recipe was created by Todd Wilbur for his book "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes" (Penguin/Putnam) www.TopSecretRecipes.com
Yummy! I didn't have whisky (I know, a crucial ingredient, but--), I used Sherry instead and it was still a great recipe! I broiled the steaks since it is so col outside. My sauce didn't thicken up as much as I thought it would, I'll probably add a little more cornstarch next time. But the flavor was super!!! :)