Recipe by Christmas Carol
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. Make this recipe and you will feel as if you've just dined at the finest steakhouse in town! A copycat recipe from Todd Wilbur's book "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes", it never fails to satisfy that craving for great beef we so often have. The topping is out of this world. Love this one!!!!!
- 4 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 (16 ounce) beef t-bone steaks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon diced roasted red pepper (canned is fine)
- 1 tablespoon diced sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 pinch chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vinegar
- A.1. Original Sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients for the smoky marinade.
- Pour marinade over steaks and place in a large, sealable bag or covered container.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least 4 hours but overnight is recommended.
- When ready to grill steaks, preheat barbecue.
- While barbecue is heating, prepare sauteed mushroom topping by melting the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, roasted red peppers, and sun-dried tomatoes to the butter.
- Saute approximately 5 minutes or until mushrooms begin to brown along edges.
- Add bacon, parsley, thyme, salt, and vinegar to mushrooms and keep warm over low heat until steaks are done.
- When grill is hot, cook steaks for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until done to your liking.
- Salt steaks to taste.
- Serve steaks with mushroom topping spooned over the top.
- Drizzle a little A1 Steak Sauce over all if you wish.