Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my favorite potato soup recipe - very easy and quick. I always end up at least doubling the recipe and there's never much left! I think I must have found this recipe in a newspaper somewhere, but I'm not sure!
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml finely sliced onion
- 29.58 ml flour
- 411.06 g can chicken broth
- 453.59 g baking potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice (2 medium)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 0.25 ml Tabasco sauce
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 236.59 ml half-and-half or 236.59 ml substitute low-fat milk
- Melt butter on medium heat.
- Add onion and saute for 2 minutes, being careful not to brown the onions.
- Sprinkle flour over the onions and cook about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Gradually add chicken broth.
- Add potatoes, salt, basil, white and black pepper, Tabasco and garlic salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 20-25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in half& half; heat through.
- Garnish with grated cheddar cheese, cooked& crumbled bacon, a dollop of sour cream and finely sliced green onion.
I've made this for everyone I know they all love it. I just use 216 of cans of broth to make it a little thinner.
This tastes amazingly close to the real deal! It is SO good! I've made this several times. It's the only soup my hunny will eat! Making it for him tonight .Thanks for the recipe!
Just like the real deal!