Recipe by Kater
This is my favorite potato soup recipe - very easy and quick. I always end up at least doubling the recipe and there's never much left! I think I must have found this recipe in a newspaper somewhere, but I'm not sure!
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml finely sliced onion
- 29.58 ml flour
- 411.06 g can chicken broth
- 453.59 g baking potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice (2 medium)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 0.25 ml Tabasco sauce
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 236.59 ml half-and-half or 236.59 ml substitute low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter on medium heat.
- Add onion and saute for 2 minutes, being careful not to brown the onions.
- Sprinkle flour over the onions and cook about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Gradually add chicken broth.
- Add potatoes, salt, basil, white and black pepper, Tabasco and garlic salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 20-25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in half& half; heat through.
- Garnish with grated cheddar cheese, cooked& crumbled bacon, a dollop of sour cream and finely sliced green onion.