1/2 Photos of Stuart Anderson's Black Angus Baked Potato Soup
This is my favorite potato soup recipe - very easy and quick. I always end up at least doubling the recipe and there's never much left! I think I must have found this recipe in a newspaper somewhere, but I'm not sure!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup finely sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 lb baking potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice (2 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup substitute low-fat milk
- 1Melt butter on medium heat.
- 2Add onion and saute for 2 minutes, being careful not to brown the onions.
- 3Sprinkle flour over the onions and cook about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- 4Gradually add chicken broth.
- 5Add potatoes, salt, basil, white and black pepper, Tabasco and garlic salt.
- 6Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 20-25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 7Stir in half& half; heat through.
- 8Garnish with grated cheddar cheese, cooked& crumbled bacon, a dollop of sour cream and finely sliced green onion.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuart Anderson's Black Angus Baked Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.1
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 45.2 mg
- Sodium 736.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 7.2 g